Have you been googling "what is the best sun protective clothing?" for your little one's fishing activity. If so, you are not alone.
- Fishing is one of the most adventurous sports activities that involve your complete strength and presence of mind.
- As much as this outdoor activity sounds fun, it could all go downhill if you are not wearing appropriate clothing material.
- You may enjoy basking in the afternoon sun on a beach, but when it comes to fishing, it's better to avoid it.
Why are Fishing Clothes Important?
Sunlight includes rays of ultraviolet (UV) radiation. Kids have thin and more sensitive skin. If exposed to UV rays, their skin can be damaged at an early age.
- It also increases the risk of having more serious problems in their future lives.
- If your kids wear inappropriate clothing material during fishing, there are great chances that the exposed UV rays can lead them to have:
- Premature skin aging
- Skin cancer
Therefore, it is always better to choose clothing that is designed for sun protection. A tested sun protection clothing can confirm that Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) will provide complete control over UV exposure.
Benefits of Using Fishing Clothing
1. Outperforms Sunscreen
- Sunscreen acts as a protective barrier between UV rays and your skin.
- When fishing on a sunny day, people apply sunscreen all over their exposed body parts.
- However, sports involving water like fishing can quickly wash away the cream, which forces you to reapply a new coating.
- Fortunately, with fishing shirts, you don't have to worry about things being washed away.
- Fishing clothing is designed with moisture-wicking technology, meaning even if water is splashed on you, it will still leave you dry, cool, and protected from the sun.
2. Constant Variable
Fishing is an activity that requires you to move your boat to and fro. You may decide to position your boat somewhere shady, to protect your body from the sun. However, it leaves you with two critical problems:
- Positioning your boat near shade will result in you changing from one place to another. This is because the movement of the sun is not static. It keeps on changing which will eventually force you to move somewhere else or leave you exposed to sunburn.
- It forces you to fish only from a certain area.
If you are worried about being exposed to UV rays, then wearing sun-protective clothing will be your best choice.
3. Portable Clothing Option
- Fishing clothes are easy to store, carry and use anytime you want.
- Your kids can simply put it on before going fishing.
- Additionally, your kids will feel comfortable while fishing, as fishing clothes, are designed with light fabrics and ensure a breathable and cool environment.
Sun Protection Clothing vs Cotton Shirts: Which is Better For Your Kids?
- While cotton clothing is best for your kid's everyday wear, the same can't be said when it comes to fishing. Since fishing is a water sport, you need to wear a type of clothing that can wick away any moisture and leave you dry and unexposed to the sun's UV rays.
- Sun protecting clothes are perfect for fishing activities as it shields you from the harmful UV radiation.
- Unlike cotton shirts which have a UPF rating of 5, sun protecting clothing has a 50+ UPF rating which is considered to be the most effective rating when blocking UV radiation.